P.J. Fleck has Minnesota recruiting with his trademark energy in his first year as the team’s coach. Fleck’s bringing his trademark energy to the Gophers, and it’s resulted in the most verbal commitments of any Power 5 school.
Fleck isn’t recruiting world-beaters yet — every prospect who’s committed to the Gophers is a 3-star recruit on the 247Sports composite — but he’s shoring up his program bit-by-bit.
Where Minnesota’s 2018 recruiting class ranks
The Gophers are 34th in the 247Sports composite class rankings for 2018, and sixth in the Big Ten. In the Big Ten West, they trail only Wisconsin and Nebraska. All 23 of Minnesota’s commits are 3-star recruits on the 247Sports composite.
Latest news for Minnesota recruiting
Minnesota’s 2018 offers, by the numbers
Reported offers: 245
5-star offers: 1
4-star offers: 76
In-state recruits offered: 5
Ohio recruits offered: 30
Georgia recruits offered: 38
Texas recruits offered: 36
Florida recruits offered: 32
Minnesota football commits for 2018
- 3-star DT Elijah Teague, Chicago
- 3-star QB Brennan Armstrong, Shelby, Ohio
- 3-star CB Terell Smith, Snellville, Ga.
- 3-star WR Jornell Manns, Mansfield, Ohio
- 3-star CB Benjamin Sapp III, Eden Prairie, Minn.
- 3-star RB Nolan Edmonds, Atlanta
- 3-star OLB Braelen Oliver, Douglasville, Ga.
- 3-star WR Rashod Bateman, Tifton, Ga.
- 3-star SDE Abi Okonji, Snellville, Ga.
- 3-star OG Austin Beier, Toledo, Ohio
- 3-star DT Logan Richter, Perham, Minn.
- 3-star CB Tyrik Henderson, Carol Stream, Ill.
- 3-star SDE Mayan Ahanotu, Tampa, Fla.
- 3-star OT Grant Norton, Camdenton, Mo.
- 3-star WR Erik Gibson, Detroit
- 3-star TE Brevyn Spann-Ford, St. Cloud, Minn.
- 3-star RB Bryce Williams, Sarasota, Fla.
- 3-star OLB Thomas Rush, Marysville, Ohio
- 3-star OT Jack York, Dallas
- 3-star CB Shamaur McDowell, Zephyrhills, Fla.
- 3-star ATH Josh Aune, Saint Paul, Minn.
- 3-star ILB Mariano Sori-Marin, New Lenox, Ill.
- 3-star C Nathan Boe, Lakeville, Minn.
Minnesota’s top 4 uncommitted targets
4-star WR Kamryn Babb, St. Louis
He’s going to be a long shot. Kamryn Babb has long been considered an Ohio State lean, and Minnesota doesn’t seem to be a huge player in his recruitment. That said, Babb recently suffered a torn ACL in his right knee, which potentially could hurt his status.
3-star WR Meechi Harris, Xenia, Ohio
Minnesota already has three receivers committed, but another one wouldn’t hurt. Minnesota trails Kentucky and Michigan State in Meechi Harris’ recruitment.
3-star safety Dallas Craddieth, Florissant, Mo.
It looks as if the Gophers will have to overtake at least one other Big Ten team to get Dallas Craddieth. Iowa and Missouri appear to be his lead suitors at the moment.
3-star OG Jacob Isaia, Las Vegas
Jacob Isaia seems to be a Michigan State lean at the moment, but Minnesota’s in the mix there somewhere. Jacob Isaia attends powerhouse Bishop Gorman High School in Las Vegas, so he’ll get no shortage of attention. He’s the No. 38 guard in the country, according to the 247Sports composite.
Minnesota’s 2018 commits: positional breakdown
- QB: 1
- RB 2
- WR: 3
- TE: 1
- OT: 2
- OG: 1
- OC: 1
- DE: 2
- DT: 2
- ILB: 1
- OLB: 2
- CB: 4
- ATH: 1
Minnesota’s 2018 commits: geographical breakdown
- Minnesota: 5
- Georgia: 5
- Ohio: 4
- Florida: 3
- Illinois: 3
- Michigan: 1
- Missouri: 1
- Texas: 1