Clear your calendars, Minnesota football fans.
On Thursday afternoon, college football schedules across the country became more apparent as game time and TV information were publicized by news outlets such as FOX, ESPN and Big Ten Network — emphasizing the first three weeks of the 2018 season. Minnesota’s official Twitter account released game times for five of its games.
— Minnesota Football (@GopherFootball) May 31, 2018
Minnesota released the following information for these five games:
- Aug. 30 vs. New Mexico State: The season and home opener will be televised by BTN and begin at 6 p.m. CT.
- Sept. 8 vs. Fresno State: The second game of the season, which is also at home, will be televised on FS1 and begins at 6:30 p.m.
- Sept. 15 vs. Miami (OH): The third straight game at home for the Golden Gophers will be televised on BTN and kick off is scheduled for 2:30 p.m.
- Oct. 6 vs. Iowa: Minnesota’s Big Ten home-opener is scheduled to begin at either 2:30 or 3 p.m. and will be the team’s homecoming game.
- Oct. 26 vs. Indiana: The Golden Gophers play on Friday night against the Hoosiers and the game will be broadcasted on FS1 with kickoff set for 7 p.m.
The remaining seven games for the team are already announced, but game time and TV information will be released at a later time. Minnesota’s 2018 schedule can be found here.
Minnesota went 5-7 in 2017 while going 2-7 in Big Ten play. It was P.J. Fleck’s first season leading the team.