It’s the offseason, but recruiting never stops in Ann Arbor, Mich., where Jim Harbaugh and his Wolverines are building their classes of the future. Check Land of 10 daily for the latest inside the Michigan recruiting room.
Wolverines offer 3-star WR Anthony Schwartz
Fort Lauderdale (Fla.) American Heritage WR prospect Anthony Schwartz was the latest to report an offer from Michigan on Thursday night.
— Anthony Schwartz (@anthony_flash10) March 9, 2017
Schwartz, a 3-star recruit according to the 247Sports composite rankings, has seen a rise in his recruitment after his top-notch performance at The Opening regional camp in Florida. It earned him an invitation to The Opening Finals in Oregon this summer.
Since Feb. 1, 11 schools have offered Schwartz, among them Florida, Notre Dame, Oregon, UCLA and USC.
Land of 10 spoke with Schwartz on Friday afternoon about his Michigan offer and more.
On his reaction to the Michigan offer …
“The offer was surprising, and I was very excited to receive the offer. Coach Joe Hastings [wide receivers coach] talked to me and said that he can teach me everything I need because I’m fast, which is the only thing that can’t be taught.”
On where Michigan stands following the offer …
“I’m considering Michigan a lot. … I would put them in my top 10.”
On Michigan head coach Jim Harbaugh …
“He’s a great coach, one of the best.”
On what stands out most about Michigan’s program …
“Mainly the history of success.”
On how he can fit into Michigan’s offense …
“I can be a game-changer for the offense.”
On what schools are standing out to him right now …
“I have Florida, Auburn, USC, Miami and Oregon standing out.”
On visit plans …
“I will try to visit [Michigan]. I have visits planned to Auburn, Georgia, Florida and Florida State.”
Per his Hudl page, Schwartz runs a 4.40 40-yard dash and benches 225 pounds.
He’s from a well-known Florida powerhouse in American Heritage, which provided the Wolverines with a longtime commit in Kai-Leon Herbert in 2017. He ended up signing with Miami.
Schwartz sounds like he will stay in the South. But if Michigan can get him to visit before he makes up his mind, it can put itself in a position to land his services.
— Ronny Torres (@RonnyTorresSS) February 28, 2017
A quick, shifty receiver, Schwartz moves well for his solidly built 6-foot frame. His speed and good hands could cause some problems at the next level.
Dyami Brown includes Michigan among top schools
Charlotte (N.C.) West Mecklenburg 4-star athlete Dyami Brown released his list of top schools on Friday, ahead of his decision that’s set to come April 16.
1. North Carolina
2. Virginia tech
3. Ohio state
4. Michigan / Louisville
— Dyami Brown (@deuce2_) March 10, 2017
Brown originally put out a tweet saying there was “no specific order” to his top list of schools. Regardless, Michigan looks to be on the outside looking in for Brown.
Brown is a North Carolina native, and the in-state Tar Heels are the heavy 247Sports Crystal Ball leaders, possessing 67 percent of the predictions. Virginia Tech has the remaining 33 percent of the picks.
Brown is the No. 208 prospect nationally. Michigan is pursuing the listed athlete as a linebacker, with capability of moving to a hybrid position such as the viper.
Linebackers coach Chris Partridge is his primary recruiter.
With one month to make up some ground, the Wolverines need to schedule a visit if they have any hopes of landing North Carolina’s No. 11 overall prospect.