Michigan may have missed out on Dorian Thompson-Robinson, but the Wolverines have finally added a quarterback to their 2018 class.
Joe Milton, a 4-star prospect and the No. 10 pro-style quarterback in 2018 per 247Sports, committed to Michigan on Sunday night, giving coach Jim Harbaugh his potential quarterback of the future.
Milton announced his commitment to the Wolverines with a YouTube video. You can watch his announcement below:
— Joe milton #7 (@Qbjayy7) May 7, 2017
Milton chose the Wolverines from a top 4 that included Georgia, Tennessee and Florida. He made an unofficial visit to Ann Arbor on April 15.
After Harbaugh and the Wolverines lost out to UCLA on Thompson-Robinson, talk shifted to a Plan B. It is clear that Plan B is Milton, who will attend the Elite 11 quarterback prospect camp on June 2 with other top-rated recruits.
247Sports rates Milton as the 44th-best prospect in Florida and the 247Sports Crystal Ball had 79 percent of its predictions for Milton going to Michigan. Florida had the other 21 percent.
Milton also held offers from LSU, Louisville, Clemson, Oregon and Florida State.
Not only is Milton a top-rated prospect, but at 6-foot-5 and 220 pounds, he looks the part, as well.