2018 4-star defensive end Max Wright announced his top 11 schools through his personal Twitter account Monday afternoon, and Michigan is on the list.
— Max Wright (@maxwright2k18) May 22, 2017
The 6-foot-4, 276-pound native of Katy, Texas, has played defensive end, defensive tackle and tight end during his time at James E. Taylor High School. Wright is ranked the No. 1 defensive end in Texas and was named to the CBS All-American Team in January.
Michigan is the only Big Ten squad that made the cut for Wright’s final 11 schools. Wright received an offer from Ohio State in May 2016, but never made a visit to Columbus after canceling a trip in July 2016.
The crystal ball projections have Wright staying in his home state, with a 90 percent chance of him committing to Texas A&M and a 10 percent chance of Texas. Other noteworthy teams in his list include LSU, Alabama, and Georgia.
Below are Wright’s highlights from his junior year: