Michigan State will start its 2018 NCAA Tournament as a No. 3 seed against 14th-seeded Bucknell. The Spartans and Bison will meet Friday, March 16 in Detroit. Find game information including time, TV channel and streaming information for the first-round game below:
2018 NCAA Tournament: Michigan State-Bucknell date, time
Time: 7:10 p.m. ET
Date: Friday, March 16
Location: Little Caesars Arena, Detroit
NCAA Tournament info: First round, Midwest region
2018 NCAA Tournament: Michigan State-Bucknell TV channel
Michigan State-Bucknell will air on CBS. Ian Eagle, Jim Spanarkel and Allie LaForce will be on the call.
How can I watch Michigan State-Bucknell online?
The game — and all NCAA Tournament games — will be streaming on the March Madness Live app.
Michigan State 2018 NCAA Tournament outlook
The Spartans got a nice present from the selection committee in being able to start their NCAA Tournament close to home. The Spartans should be able to get past the Bison in the first round, but things get tough quickly in the Midwest region. Land of 10’s Bobby La Gesse broke down Michigan State’s path to the Final Four:
On paper, Michigan State looked the part of a Final Four and national championship contender. On the court, it didn’t always play out that way.
Now, with the NCAA Tournament field complete and the Spartans holding a 3 seed, they will need to finally live up to their potential to make a run at the Final Four (or beyond). In reality, though, they need to do it to play beyond the Sweet Sixteen in the Midwest Region.
Because making a deep run won’t be easy. Not when No. 2 Duke is lurking on the same half of the bracket.
Michigan State already pulled off its first upset of the tournament by getting placed in Detroit for its tournament opener. The Spartans face No. 14 seed Bucknell on Friday.
But the selection committee didn’t do the Spartans any favors beyond that. The Blue Devils are a mirror image of Michigan State from the collection of talent few opponents can match to the inconsistent regular season. They also beat the Spartans 88-81 back in November.
No. 1 Kansas is lurking as a potential Elite Eight opponent and will be as tough of an out as the Blue Devils. It’s tougher to come up with a harder path to a Final Four than by potentially having to beat two national championship coaches in Kansas’ Bill Self and Duke’s Mike Krzyzewski.
NCAA Tournament 2018: Schedule, dates
FIRST FOUR (in Dayton, Ohio)
Tuesday, March 13
- No. 16 Radford vs. No. 16 LIU Brooklyn | 6:40 p.m. ET | truTV
- No. 11 UCLA vs. No. 11 St. Bonaventure | 9:10 p.m. | truTV
Wednesday, March 14
- No. 11 Syracuse vs. No. 11 Arizona | 6:40 p.m. ET | truTV
- No. 16 Texas Southern vs. No. 16 NC Central | 9:10 p.m. | truTV
FIRST ROUND (ROUND of 64)
Thursday, March 15
- No. 7 Rhode Island vs. No. 10 Oklahoma | 12:15 p.m. ET | CBS
- No. 3 Tennessee vs. No. 14 Wright State | 12:40 p.m. | truTV
- No. 4 Gonzaga vs. No. 13 UNC Greensboro | 1:30 p.m. | TNT
- No. 1 Kansas vs. No. 16 Penn | 2 p.m. | TBS
- No. 2 Duke vs. No. 15 Iona | 2:45 p.m. | CBS
- No. 6 Miami vs. No. 11 Loyola (Chicago) | 3:10 p.m. | truTV
- No. 5 Ohio State vs. No. 12 South Dakota | 4 p.m. | TNT
- No. 8 Seton Hall vs. No. 9 N.C. State | 4:30 p.m. | TBS
- No. 1 Villanova vs. No. 16 LIU Brooklyn/Radford | 6:50 p.m. | TNT
- No. 5 Kentucky vs. No. 12 Davidson | 7:10 p.m. | CBS
- No. 6 Houston vs. No. 11 San Diego State | 7:20 p.m. | TBS
- No. 3 Texas Tech vs. No. 14 Stephen F. Austin | 7:27 p.m. | truTV
- No. 8 Virginia Tech vs. No. 9 Alabama | 9:20 p.m. | TNT
- No. 4 Arizona vs. No. 13 Buffalo | 9:40 p.m. | CBS
- No. 3 Michigan vs. No. 14 Montana | 9:50 p.m. | TBS
- No. 6 Florida vs. No. 11 St. Bonaventure/UCLA | 9:57 p.m. | truTV
Friday, March 16
- No. 7 Texas A&M vs. No. 10 Providence | 12:15 p.m. ET | CBS
- No. 2 Purdue vs. No. 15 CS Fullerton | 12:40 p.m | truTV
- No. 4 Wichita State vs. No. 13 Marshall | 1:30 p.m. | TNT
- No. 2 Cincinnati vs. No. 15 Georgia State | 2 p.m. | TBS
- No. 2 North Carolina vs. No. 15 Lipscomb | 2:45 p.m. | CBS
- No. 7 Arkansas vs. No. 10 Butler | 3:10 p.m. | truTV
- No. 5 West Virginia vs. No. 12 Murray State | 4 p.m. | TNT
- No. 7 Nevada vs. No. 10 Texas | 4:30 p.m. | TBS
- No. 8 Creighton vs. No. 9 Kansas State | 6:50 p.m. | TNT
- No. 3 Michigan State vs. No. 14 Bucknell | 7:10 p.m. | CBS
- No. 1 Xavier vs. No. 16 NC Central/Texas Southern | 7:20 p.m. | TBS
- No. 4 Auburn vs. No. 13 College of Charleston | 7:27 p.m. | truTV
- No. 1 Virginia vs. No. UMBC | 9:20 p.m. | TNT
- No. 6 TCU vs. No. 11 Arizona State/Syracuse | 9:40 p.m. | CBS
- No. 8 Missouri vs. No. 9 Florida State | 9:50 p.m. | TBS
- No. 5 Clemson vs. No. 12 New Mexico State | 9:57 p.m. | truTV