Iowa offered a scholarship to 3-star linebacker recruit Jayden McDonald on Dec. 31. McDonald announced his de-commitment from Rutgers on Friday.
God is in control 🙏🏽 please respect my decision pic.twitter.com/mAGLB15IWw
— Jayden McDonald (@AthKyngJ) January 5, 2018
McDonald is a 6-foot-2, 201-pound prospect out of Suwanee, Georgia. He committed to Rutgers on June 21 after receiving an offer from the Scarlet Knights in March. He also has offers from Cincinnati, Kansas State, Arkansas State and Ole Miss, among other schools. 247Sports composite rankings have him as the No. 72 outside linebacker and the No. 105 recruit in the state of Georgia.
Hawekeye Nation’s Rob Howe reports McDonald “hopes to visit Hawkeyes sometime this month.”
Iowa inked 17 recruits during the new early signing period in December. McDonald elected not to sign with Rutgers, which left open the option for him to change his commitment to a different school.
Iowa’s 2018 signees for the early signing period
- DE John Waggoner, 4 stars, Des Moines, Iowa
- QB Spencer Petras, 3 stars, Greenbrae, Calif.
- DT Noah Shannon, 3 stars, Oswego, Ill.
- RB Tyrone Tracy Jr., 3 stars, Indianapolis
- T Cody Ince, 3 stars, Balsam Lake, Wis.
- OLB Dillon Doyle, 3 stars, Iowa City, Iowa
- DT Tyler Linderbaum, 3 stars, Solon, Iowa
- G Jeffrey Jenkins, 3 stars, Crystal Lake, Ill.
- RB Henry Geil, 3 stars, Green Bay, Wis.
- ATH Samson Evans, 3 stars, Crystal Lake, Ill.
- T Jack Plumb, 3 stars, Green Bay, Wis.
- DT Daviyon Nixon, 3 stars, Kenosha, Wis.
- CB Terry Roberts, 3 stars, Erie, Pa.
- S Dallas Craddieth, 3 stars, Florissant, Mo.
- CB Riley Moss, 2 stars, Ankeny, Iowa
Defensive back Riley Moss signed acceptance papers and is set to grayshirt, according to Rob Howe of Hawkeye Nation.