Bryan is the second running back to pick the Hawkeyes in this class, joining Chicagoland running back Ivory Kelly-Martin.
— Kyshaun Bryan (@KyshaunB) January 31, 2017
Here are five things to know about Bryan:
1. Bryan is a 3-star 247Sports Composite prospect. He stands 5-foot-10 and weighs 190 pounds. He is ranked as the nation’s No. 39 running back and the No. 101 prospect in Florida.
2. Originally a South Carolina commit, Bryan visited Pittsburgh on Jan. 20-22 and Iowa on Jan. 27-29. He de-committed from South Carolina in the middle of his Iowa visit on Saturday.
3. Iowa now has two committed running backs in its 2017 class. Ivory Kelly-Martin picked Iowa last April. The second running back slot opened up when 4-star running back Eno Benjamin de-committed from Iowa in October.
4. Bryan attends St. Thomas Aquinas High School in Fort Lauderdale, Fla. The last player that school sent to Iowa was quarterback Jake Rudock, who started for the Hawkeyes in 2013-14 before transferring to Michigan. Bryan’s running style is similar to another St. Thomas Aquinas running back, former Wisconsin star James White.
5. The opportunity to play right away sold Bryan. He told Hawkeye Nation’s Rob Howe, “Great coaches. The strength coach (Chris Doyle) sold me on my visit. I’m excited to get started in June.”