Although his 2017-18 season is over, Victor Oladipo’s breakout season with the Indiana Pacers continues to get better and better.
On Wednesday, Oladipo was named to the NBA All-Defensive First Team. One day later, the former Indiana University guard was named to the 2017-18 All-NBA Third Team.
— Indiana Basketball (@IndianaMBB) May 24, 2018
Add 2017-18 All-NBA Third Team to Vic's list of accomplishments this year ✅
— Indiana Pacers (@Pacers) May 24, 2018
More hardware may be coming Oladipo’s way. He is among the favorites to win the NBA’s Most Improved Player of the Year Award.
Oladipo was traded to Indiana from the Oklahoma City Thunder in the 2017 offseason. The Pacers were one of the biggest surprises in the NBA this season. Oladipo led them to the No. 5 seed in the Eastern Conference. The Pacers fell to LeBron James and the Cleveland Cavaliers in seven games in the opening round of the playoffs.
Oladipo averaged career-highs in points (23.1), rebounds (5.2), assists (4.3) and steals (2.4) per game. He also set career-highs with a 47.7 field-goal percentage and a 37.1 shooting percentage from 3-point range. Oladipo led the NBA in steals (177) and was named to his first All-Star team this season.
The 2017-18 All-NBA Teams:
- LeBron James, Cleveland Cavaliers
- Kevin Durant, Golden State Warriors
- Anthony Davis, New Orleans Pelicans
- James Harden, Houston Rockets
- Damian Lillard, Portland Trail Blazers
- Giannis Antetokounmpo, Milwaukee Bucks
- LaMarcus Aldridge, San Antonio Spurs
- Joel Embiid, Philadelphia 76ers
- DeMar DeRozan, Toronto Raptors
- Russell Westbrook, Oklahoma City Thunder
- Paul George, Oklahoma City Thunder
- Jimmy Butler, Minnesota Timberwolves
- Karl-Anthony Towns, Minnesota Timberwolves
- Stephen Curry, Golden State Warriors
- Victor Oladipo, Indiana Pacers