The 2018 NBA Draft ended just a couple of days ago, so it’s time for 2019 NBA mock drafts to surface. It’s only natural.
ESPN updated its 2019 mock draft and has Indiana freshman guard Romeo Langford going No. 5 overall to the Phoenix Suns. If this proves true, the Suns would have a young core of Deandre Ayton, Devin Booker and Langford.
Suns fans likely would sign up for this.
Note: ESPN’s mock is an Insider article
Here’s how ESPN sees the top 5 of the 2019 draft playing out:
- Atlanta Hawks: R.J. Barrett, freshman, Duke
- Boston Celtics: Nassir Little, freshman, North Carolina
- Orlando Magic: Sekou Doumbouya, International, Limoges
- Dallas Mavericks: Cam Reddish, freshman, Duke
- Phoenix Suns: Romeo Langford, freshman, Indiana
ESPN isn’t the only site predicting Langford to land in the top 5. Actually, Jeff Goodman — formerly of ESPN — has him going No. 3.
My projected Top 5 picks for the 2019 NBA Draft:
1. SG-SF R.J. Barrett (6-7, 210, Fr., Duke)
2. SG-SF Cam Reddish (6-9, 205, Fr., Duke)
3. SG Romeo Langford (6-6, 195, Fr., Indiana)
4. SG Quentin Grimes (6-4, 220, Fr., Kansas)
5. SF Nassir Little (6-7, 215, Fr., North Carolina)
— Jeff Goodman (@GoodmanHoops) June 22, 2018