What did you do this weekend?
A Las Vegas bettor won $179,940 when he cashed three identical 12-team $20 parlay tickets at Buffalo Bill’s, according to ESPN’s Darren Rovell and David Purdum.
A parlay is one bet that links together multiple individual wagers and is dependent on all of those wagers winning. So if he picked 11 games of his parlay correctly and lost the 12th, it would not have cashed. Conversely, if he lost all 12 games, he still would have lost just $20.
College bettor bets 3 identical 12-leg parlays & wins, spends $60, nets $179,940 pic.twitter.com/n4CpRDfSX3
— Darren Rovell (@darrenrovell) September 18, 2016
The bettor had three Big Ten games in his parlay, but actually bet against Illinois and Michigan. He did back Ohio State as a small favorite against Oklahoma.
Here are the games he bet.
- Western Michigan -3.5 (vs. Illinois),
- Colorado +20.5 (vs. Michigan)
- Ohio State -1.5 (vs. Oklahoma)
- Toledo -20.5 (vs. Fresno State)
- Virginia Tech -5.5 (vs. Boston College)
- Navy -5.5 (vs. Tulane)
- South Florida -14.5 (vs. Syracuse)
- San Diego State -10.5 (vs. Northern Illinois)
- Oklahoma State -5.5 (vs. Pittsburgh)
- California +7.5 (vs. Texas)
- Nevada -10.5 (vs. Buffalo)
- Utah -13.5 (vs. San Jose State).