The (very) early odds to win the 2018 Heisman Trophy are out, and some Big Ten names are among the favorites.
Oddsmakers at Sports Betting Dime released a list of 2018 Heisman favorites this week. Penn State quarterback Trace McSorley and Wisconsin running back Jonathan Taylor are both near the top of the list with 14/1 odds. Only Georgia quarterback Jake Fromm has better odds.
Shea Patterson has 16/1 odds, but the Ole Miss transfer still needs to be cleared to play in 2018 and win Michigan’s quarterback battle before he’s behind center. Ohio State’s Dwayne Haskins, the heir apparent to J.T. Barrett at quarterback, has 30/1 odds, and his teammate, defensive end Nick Bosa, is one of two defensive players listed with odds at 35/1.
Here are the full odds for the 2018 Heisman Trophy 11 months before it will be handed out:
- Jake Fromm, QB, Georgia: 10/1
- Trace McSorley, QB, Penn State: 14/1
- Jonathan Taylor, RB, Wisconsin: 14/1
- D’Andre Swift, RB, Georgia: 14/1
- Bryce Love, RB, Stanford: 15/1
- Shea Patterson, QB, Michigan: 16/1
- Jarrett Stidham, QB, Auburn: 20/1
- Khalil Tate, QB, Arizona: 20/1
- Jalen Hurts, QB, Alabama: 22/1
- Kelly Bryant, QB, Clemson: 25/1
- Sam Ehlinger, QB, Texas: 25/1
- Dwayne Haskins, QB, Ohio State: 30/1
- Justin Herbert, QB, Oregon: 30/1
- Deondre Francois, QB, Florida State: 30/1
- Kyler Murray, QB, Oklahoma: 35/1
- Ed Oliver, DT, Houston: 35/1
- Nick Bosa, DE, Ohio State: 35/1
- Nick Fitzgerald, QB, Mississippi State: 35/1
- Jake Browning, QB, Washington: 35/1
- McKenzie Milton, QB, UCF: 35/1
- Tua Tagovailoa, QB, Alabama: 50/1
Bryce Love of Stanford is the only Heisman Trophy finalist from the 2017 season who will be back in college football in 2018, with Baker Mayfield and Lamar Jackson heading to the NFL.