Dorian Thompson-Robinson is a recruit who has not decided on where he will play collegiately yet. Thompson-Robinson is the highest-ranked dual-threat QB to not enroll or officially sign with a school prior to National Signing Day.
Here are five things to know about Thompson-Robinson.
1. Thompson-Robinson is the No. 2-ranked dual-threat QB in 2018
According to 247Sports, Thompson-Robinson is only ranked behind Justin Fields as far as dual-threat quarterbacks are concerned for the Class of 2018. Fields is the No. 2 overall recruit in the country, while Thompson-Robinson is No. 36.
In the state of Nevada, the 6-foot-1 signal caller is the No. 3-ranked prospect.
2. He is verbally committed to UCLA
Just because a player is verbally committed to a school doesn’t mean that he is off limits to every other program. That’s one piece of knowledge that is well-known to recruiting junkies.
Thompson-Robinson verbally committed to UCLA on April 23, 2017, but did not sign his letter on intent during the first-ever early signing period, which took place from Dec. 20-22. According to 247Sports’ Crystal Ball Predictions, UCLA has a 92 percent chance of landing the athletic quarterback, while Michigan has an 8 percent chance.
3. Thompson-Robinson did not start at QB in high school until his senior year
The fact that Thompson-Robinson didn’t start at QB until his senior year is an impressive one. It’s impressive because he was initially ranked as the No. 4 dual-threat QB before anybody had seen him play the position in high school. Why is that?
He was sitting behind Tate Martell his freshman, sophomore and junior seasons. Martell went on in the Class of 2017 and signed with the Ohio State Buckeyes.
Although Thompson-Robinson was not the starting QB, he was playing wide receiver while winning three state titles his first three seasons. It wasn’t until 2018 when Thompson-Robinson got the chance to be the starting QB and he led his team to its ninth-straight state title.
4. He played high school football for Bishop Gorman, a national powerhouse
As mentioned above, Thompson-Robinson led his team this past season to its ninth-straight state title. Bishop Gorman High School, located in Las Vegas, Nev., has had incredibly talented football players come from there over the last few years, such as DeMarco Murray and Ronnie Stanley.
5. Thompson-Robinson competed in this past year’s Elite 11
In the most recent version of Elite 11 — arguably the country’s most heralded QB competition annually — Thompson-Robinson competed as one of 24 quarterbacks in the competition and was one of 12 to make the Elite 11 Finals.
A couple of the other Elite 11 finalists included No. 1 overall recruit Trevor Lawrence, who is committed to Clemson and Fields, who is committed to Georgia.