Basketball season is here.
Big Ten fans even get two great games on Friday to help start off the season: Michigan State vs. Arizona and Indiana vs. Kansas in Hawaii. March Madness may seem like a long way off (and it is), but it’s fun to see how the national experts think the NCAA Tournament will look this season. Will any Big Ten teams make the Final Four?
USA Today has shared its preseason bracketology, with Duke, Kansas, Kentucky and defending champion Villanova the four No. 1 seeds. It doesn’t have any Big Ten teams until No. 3, when there are three.
Here’s where USA Today has its five projected NCAA Tournament Big Ten teams:
- Michigan State: No. 3 in East vs. No. 14 Princeton
- Purdue: No. 3 in Midwest vs. No. 14 UC Irvine
- Indiana: No. 3 in South vs. No. 14 Belmont
- Wisconsin: No. 4 in West vs. No. 13 Winthrop
- Maryland: No. 5 in East vs. No. 12 Monmouth
- Michigan: First four out
- Others considered: Minnesota, Northwestern, Nebraska, Ohio State, Iowa
The predicted five tournament-bound Big Ten teams from USA Today differs from ESPN’s projected seven from the conference. The difference? Joe Lunardi had Michigan and Ohio State in the field.