Two top-10 Big Ten teams have tough road tests this weekend. Two other top-10 Big Ten teams are heavy favorites at home. But when the dust settles Saturday, all four are expected to emerge victorious — though some will have to do a little more sweating than others.
At least that’s what the experts think for the Week 8 conference schedule. Of the seven Big Ten games this weekend, ESPN’s Football Power Index gives five teams a win probability of more than 70 percent — Maryland (at home vs. Michigan State) and No. 10 Wisconsin (at Iowa) have 60-percent win probabilities.
Here’s a rundown of what the computers and experts see for the Big Ten this Saturday.
- Rutgers at Minnesota: 90.4 percent Minnesota
- No. 10 Wisconsin at Iowa: 60.7 percent Wisconsin
- Indiana at Northwestern: 71.2 percent Northwestern
- Illinois at No. 3 Michigan: 98.6 percent Michigan
- Purdue at No. 8 Nebraska: 94 percent Nebraska
- Michigan State at Maryland: 60.7 percent Maryland
- No. 2 Ohio State at Penn State: 84.4 percent Ohio State
- 5 of 7 pick Wisconsin to beat Iowa
- 7 of 7 think Ohio State will win at Penn State
- All 7 pick Michigan vs. Illinois and Nebraska vs. Purdue
- Minnesota -17 vs. Rutgers
- Northwestern -1.5 vs. Indiana
- Nebraska -24 vs. Purdue
- Wisconsin -3.5 at Iowa
- Michigan -35.5 vs. Illinois
- Michigan State -2.5 at Maryland
- Ohio State -19.5 at Penn State
What does all this mean? Not even Penn State’s intimidating White Out atmosphere gives the Nittany Lions (4-2, 2-1 Big Ten) much of a shot against the unbeaten Buckeyes in the eyes of the many.
But most important, it’s still looking like another exciting Saturday in the Big Ten.
— Penn State Football (@PennStateFball) October 19, 2016