Four of the top-8 College Football Playoff teams are in the Big Ten. Not only is the conference in position to send one team to the four-team playoff, but there’s still a possibility (small though it is) the conference could get two teams in the field.
But for that to happen, the highly ranked teams need to win this week to set up what could be a wild Week 13. It’s very possible No. 2 Ohio State, No. 3 Michigan, No. 7 Wisconsin and No. 8 Penn State all come through, too — all four are huge favorites this Saturday.
This week’s complete Big Ten schedule:
- No. 2 Ohio State at Michigan State: Noon ET on ESPN
- Iowa at Illinois: Noon ET on Big Ten Network
- Maryland at No. 18 Nebraska: Noon ET on ESPNews
- No. 7 Wisconsin at Purdue: Noon ET on ABC
- Indiana at No. 3 Michigan: 3:30 p.m. ET on ESPN
- Northwestern at Minnesota: 3:30 p.m. ET on Big Ten Network
- No. 8 Penn State at Rutgers: 8 p.m. ET on Big Ten Network
Here’s what some of the national experts, prediction models and more think:
- Ohio State at Michigan State: 93.2 percent Ohio State
- Iowa at Illinois: 79.2 percent Iowa
- Maryland at Nebraska: 84.5 percent Nebraska
- Wisconsin at Purdue: 95.2 percent Wisconsin
- Indiana at Michigan: 97.8 percent Michigan
- Northwestern at Minnesota: 52.1 percent Northwestern
- Penn State at Rutgers: 94.3 percent Penn State
- Ohio State at Michigan State: Ohio State -21.5
- Iowa at Illinois: Iowa -9.5
- Maryland at Nebraska: Nebraska -14
- Wisconsin at Purdue: Wisconsin -27.5
- Indiana at Michigan: Michigan -22.5
- Northwestern at Minnesota: Northwestern -1
- Penn State at Rutgers: Penn State -28
- Tom Dienhart: Ohio State by 24, Iowa by 17, Nebraska by 26, Wisconsin by 47, Michigan by 14, Minnesota by 1, Penn State by 37
- Brent Yarina: Ohio State by 24, Iowa by 24, Nebraska by 11, Wisconsin by 49, Michigan by 8, Northwestern by 4, Penn State by 35.
- All 7 experts picked Nebraska to beat Maryland
- All 7 chose Wisconsin to win against Purdue
- 6 of the 7 picked Ohio State to beat Michigan State. Chip Patterson thinks Michigan State will make the upset
- All 7 picked Michigan to beat Indiana
- All 7 think Penn State will defeat Rutgers
So, what do we know? Well, with Iowa shocking Michigan last week, no team is every completely safe from an upset. But it looks like the conference’s five ranked teams are all generally expected to win this week.