The Big Ten will be well represented in the 93rd annual East-West Shrine Game on Jan. 20, as 18 players from the conference will take the field in the contest.
Among those 18 Big Ten athletes are Ohio State quarterback JT Barrett and Penn State wide receiver DaeSean Hamilton.
The East-West Shrine Game was the nation’s first college football all-star game when it was first played in 1925. The game splits some of the best players around college football onto two teams, East and West. In addition, the game’s motto is “More than just a game,” as the game supports Shriners Hospitals for Children in its mission to help children in need of expert medical care.
Here are the Big Ten players on the East Roster:
- Penn State WR DaeSean Hamilton
- Ohio State QB JT Barrett
- Nebraska K Drew Brown
- Michigan State OL Brian Allen
- Penn State CB Grant Haley
- Ohio State S Damon Webb
- Penn State LB Jason Cabinda
- Ohio State LB Chris Worley
- Penn State DT Parker Cothren
- Penn State DE Curtis Cothran
Here are the Big Ten players on the West Roster:
- Northwestern RB Justin Jackson
- Northwestern S Godwin Igwebuike
- Wisconsin S Natrell Jamerson
- Wisconsin LB Leon Jacobs
- Nebraska CB Josh Kalu
- Indiana LB Tegray Scales
- Wisconsin DE Alec James
- Wisconsin DE Conor Sheehy
The game will kick off at 3:07 p.m. ET on Jan. 20 at Tropicana Field in St. Petersburg, Fla. The game will be on the NFL Network.
For more information on the East-West Shrine Game, click here.