The Big Ten could have two players go as top-10 picks in the 2018 NFL Draft, according to one projection.
Both Penn State running back Saquon Barkley and Ohio State cornerback Denzel Ward were projected as top-10 selections in Bleacher Report’s latest mock draft, which was released following Championship Saturday in college football.
Barkley, who was named the 2017 Hornung Award winner on Wednesday, was the No. 3 pick to the San Francisco 49ers in the projection by Ryan McCrystal. A junior, Barkley totaled 1,134 rushing yards and 594 receiving yards for Penn State in 2017 and is widely expected to declare for the 2018 NFL Draft.
Ward, meanwhile, was picked to stay in the Buckeye state, going seventh overall to the Cleveland Browns. Also a junior, Ward was terrific whenever teams made the mistake of throwing at him in 2017. He led Ohio State with 13 pass break ups and had an interception in 12 games.
Barkley and Ward were two of seven Big Ten players projected as first rounders by Bleacher Report. Here’s the full list:
- Penn State RB Saquon Barkley: 3rd overall to San Francisco 49ers
- Ohio State CB Denzel Ward: 7th overall to Cleveland Browns
- Ohio State DE Sam Hubbard: 22nd overall to Carolina Panthers
- Ohio State C Billy Price: 24th overall to Seattle Seahawks
- Michigan DT Maurice Hurst: 25th overall to Buffalo Bills
- Ohio State OT Jamarco Jones: 28th overall to Los Angeles Rams
- Iowa CB Josh Jackson: 30th overall to Philadelphia Eagles