Brackets and seeds for the 2017 NCAA Wrestling Championships were released on Wednesday in advance of the three-day event that begins on March 16.
Penn State is the defending national champion, but Ohio State earned the Big Ten Championship this past weekend in Bloomington, Ind. The Big Ten leads the country with 90 wrestlers going to the NCAA Wrestling Championships, but Big 12 power Oklahoma State is also a favorite for the national championship.
Before announced the full brackets, the NCAA revealed the No. 1 and No. 2 seeds for each weight class. Six Big Ten wrestlers earned top seeds.
— pennstateWREST (@pennstateWREST) March 8, 2017
You can find the No. 1 seeds for each weight class below followed by the complete brackets and seeds for all the wrestlers (courtesy of the NCAA Wrestling Twitter account).
NOTE: You can click each bracket to zoom in for every weight class.
2017 NCAA Wrestling Championships Top seeds:
- 125 pounds — Thomas Gilman, Iowa
- 133 pounds — Nathan Tomasello, Ohio State
- 141 pounds — Dean Heil, Oklahoma State
- 149 pounds — Zain Retherford, Penn State
- 157 pounds — Jason Nolf, Penn State
- 165 pounds — Isaiah Martinez, Illinois
- 174 pounds — Zahid Valencia, Arizona State
- 184 pounds — Gabe Dean, Cornell
- 197 pounds — J’den Cox, Missouri
- 285 pounds — Kyle Snyder, Ohio State
2017 NCAA Wrestling Championships brackets, seeds